Our art curriculum follows state standards:
- The student understands and applies arts knowledge and skills.
- The student demonstrates thinking skills using artistic processes (including the study and analysis of art history).
- The student communicates through the arts.
- The student makes connections within and across the arts to other disciplines, life, cultures, and work.
- Students will be involved with visual arts and performance arts (including music and drama).
We integrate art into all subject areas as well as having a designated art time. Students are encouraged to be creative. We emphasize process and product.
Lynn Zimmerman from BellinghamArt teaches drawing skills throughout the year.